Here is a list of the best sword enchantments in Minecraft, ranked according to their usefulness and effectiveness in various situations:
- Sharpness (Max Level: 5) – This enchantment increases your melee damage and is effective against all mobs, making it the best overall enchantment for swords.
- Looting (Max Level: 3) – Looting increases the amount of loot dropped by mobs, making it a valuable enchantment for gathering resources.
- Unbreaking (Max Level: 3) – Unbreaking increases the durability of your sword, allowing it to last longer before breaking.
- Sweeping Edge (Max Level: 3) – This enchantment increases the damage of your sword’s sweep attack, making it useful for fighting multiple mobs at once.
- Fire Aspect (Max Level: 2) – Fire Aspect sets enemies on fire when you hit them, dealing additional damage over time.
- Mending (Max Level: 1) – Mending repairs your sword using experience orbs, helping to maintain its durability.
- Knockback (Max Level: 2) – Knockback pushes enemies away when you hit them, giving you more space and time to react.
- Smite (Max Level: 5) – Smite deals extra damage to undead mobs, making it useful for fighting zombies, skeletons, and other undead creatures.
- Bane of Arthropods (Max Level: 5) – This enchantment deals extra damage to arthropod mobs, such as spiders and silverfish.
- Curse of Vanishing (Max Level: 1) – This enchantment causes your sword to disappear upon death, making it less desirable compared to other enchantments.
Keep in mind that some enchantments cannot be combined with others, so you’ll need to choose the ones that best suit your playstyle and the situations you encounter in the game.