Discovery Plus is a video streaming service by Discovery for non-cable subscribed customers. But, like most streaming services, the Discovery Plus app is prone to crashes and connectivity issues. These issues can lead to Discovery+ not working as it should.
Why Is My Discovery App Not Working & How To Fix It?
When the discovery+ app or website crashes or fails to load, Discovery advises that users try the following fixes:
- Close the discovery+ app or browser window.
- Restart the discovery+ app, or relaunch the web browser and try to watch the video again
- For users that use a web browser, Android device, Roku TV or Roku Stick, Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, clear your device’s cache and data.
Sometimes the above steps do not work to solve the issue. Nonetheless, you can still contact Discovery for further help. Before you discovery+ contact customer support, have the following information ready:
- The video or episode you were watching when the crash or failure to load occurred.
- The device you were using to watch the episode or video.
- The version of the discovery+ app you are currently using to watch the video or episode.
What To Do When Discovery+ Content Is Not Playing, Loading, Or Showing An Error Message?
Discovery+ Customer Support offers the following fixes for content that does not play, does not load, or shows error messages:
- Check that your internet connection is working as it should.
- Restart your devices and/or your router.
- You can also try playing the video in a different browser or on a different device.
- Turn off any and all ad-blockers.
- Mobile users should opt to use the discovery+ app for better service.
- Turn off any and all VPN connections as these interrupt streaming discovery+.
What’s The Difference Between Discovery Go and Discovery+?
According to Discovery, Discovery GO is the app that users already subscribed to Discovery through cable use to access on-demand content and live feeds. Discovery+ is a stand-alone stream service that does not need a cable TV subscription. You can sign up for Discovery+ at anytime and start streaming content.
Does Discovery Go App Still Work?
Yes, the Discovery go app still works for users subscribed to Discovery via a Cable TV provider.
Discovery Go App Not Working. What To Do?
When the Discovery Go app is not working, these are the recommended steps you can take to resolve the issue:
- Check that your device has an active internet connection. Restart your router to fix internet issues.
- Uninstall and reinstall the discovery go app. On reinstall, sign in and verify that the app now works as it should.
- Check that your Cable TV provider still offers discovery networks. IF not, you can sign up for Discovery+ without the need for a cable provider.
- If there is a lock/key symbol on an episode or video, it means that you need to sign in with your cable provider to view the content.