How To Fix Disney+ Not Working
When Disney Plus is not working, the first thing you should do is check for updates to the Disney Plus app. Here’s how to fix Disney Plus not working on different devices.
How Do I Fix My Disney Plus Buffering?
If Disney Plus keeps buffering or there is a timeout, you can do a system restart of the device. A system restart clears the cache on your Roku device or Roku TV. Restarting the device also helps if Disney Plus keeps crashing on Roku.
Remember to check that your Roku device supports Disney+. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to use Disney+ on your Roku. Here’s a list of Roku devices that support Disney+.
What can I do if Disney Plus keeps buffering/freezing?
- Uninstall and reinstall Disney Plus.
- Close the Disney Plus app, then try again.
- Check your connection.
- Power cycle your devices.
- Check for Disney Plus/app updates.
If Disney Plus still keeps buffering, check your internet connection. Disney+ requires at least 5Mbps to stream content in HD. For streaming in 4K, you need a speed of 15Mbps and above.
Why Is My Disney Plus Not Loading?
You can also try to clear their app caches to fix issues. If you own an Android device, go into Settings > Apps > Disney+ > Storage, then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
If you are using an Android TV device, you can clear your Disney Plus cache by going into Settings > Applications > Disney+.
Does Disney Plus Work On Roku?
You can add Disney+ to your Roku TV from the online Roku Channel Store, or, on your TV, you will find it in the “Movies & TV” category of the “Streaming Channels” on the Roku home screen. Disney+ is supported on hundreds of Roku TV models.
If you are having issues getting Disney Plus to work on Roku, try a system restart. Once you have done that, you need to update to the latest version. To do a restart, go to Settings > System > System restart.
If the Disney Plus channel is still not working on Roku or crashes, do the following:
- When the Roku device restarts, check for system updates by going to, Settings.
- Select System update>Check now.
- Check for updates to the Disney Plus Channel on the Roku Channel Store.
What To Do When Disney+ Does Not Work On Fire Stick
If Disney Plus is not working on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, do the following:
- Using your Firestick menu, go to Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- From the list of apps, click the Disney+ app.
- Then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
How To Get Disney+ On Samsung TV
If Disney+ does not work on your Samsung TV, do the following:
- On your Samsung TV, uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Restart your TV.
- When the TV restarts, launch the app.
How To Fix Disney+ Not Working On PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5
If Disney+ does not work on your Sony PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Storage > System Storage > Saved Data.
- Highlight the “Disney+” option.
- Then, select “Options” and finally select “Delete.”
- Start the Disney Plus app.
Other Troubleshooting Guides on My Tech How To:
- Starz App on PS4/PS5 – How To
- Recent buffering timeout, Roku – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/jw4rrv/recent_buffering_timeout_roku_tcl_series_8/
- Disney Plus Buffering Timeout – Roku Community – https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Disney-Plus-Buffering-Timeout/td-p/631706
- Fire TV stick isn’t loading Disney Plus – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/eoampd/fire_tv_stick_isnt_loading_disney_plus/
- Disney Plus not working on New Firestick – Amazon Forums – https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zSwV1/disney-plus-not-working-on-new-firestick
- Solved: Smart Tv and Disney + – Samsung Forums – https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Smart-Tv-and-Disney/td-p/971859
- Disney Plus not working on PS4 or PS5 – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/lmra71/disney_plus_not_working_on_ps4_or_ps5/
- Can I Use Disney+ On Roku? – https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e
- Latest Disney+ Shows & Movies – https://disneyplusupdates.com/
For other issues, contact Disney+ support via https://help.disneyplus.com/ or by calling 888-905-7888. Thanks for reading about activating Disney+ via disneyplus.com/begin and fixing general Disne+ issues on My Tech How To.