When Disney Plus is not working, the first thing you should do is to check for updates to the Disney Plus app. Here’s how to fix Disney Plus not working on different devices.
Table of Contents
If the Disney Plus channel is not working on Roku or you receive an error, do the following:
- From the Roku menu, go to Settings.
- Select System and then select System restart.
- On Roku TVs, go to Settings>System>Power>System restart.
- When the Roku device restarts, check for system updates by going to, Settings.
- Select System update>Check now.
- Check for updates to the Disney Plus Channel on the Roku Channel Store.
If Disney Plus keeps buffering or there is a timeout, you can do a system restart of the device. A system restart clears the cache on your Roku device or Roku TV. Restarting the device also helps if Disney Plus keeps crashing on Roku.
Remember to check that your Roku device supports Disney+. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to use Disney+ on your Roku. Here’s a list of Roku devices that support Disney+.
If Disney Plus still keeps buffering, check your internet connection. Disney+ requires at least 5Mbps to stream content in HD. For streaming in 4K, you need a speed of 15Mbps and above.
If Disney Plus is not working on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, do the following:
- Using your Firestick menu, go to Settings.
- Select Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- From the list of apps, click the Disney+ app.
- Then select the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” options.
If Disney+ does not work on your Samsung TV, do the following:
- On your Samsung TV, uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app.
- Restart your TV.
- When the TV restarts, launch the app.
PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5
If Disney+ does not work on your Sony PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Go to Storage > System Storage > Saved Data.
- Highlight the “Disney+” option.
- Then, select “Options” and finally select “Delete.”
- Start the Disney Plus app.
Other Troubleshooting Guides on My Tech How To:
- Starz App on PS4/PS5 – How To
- Recent buffering timeout, Roku – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/jw4rrv/recent_buffering_timeout_roku_tcl_series_8/
- Disney Plus Buffering Timeout – Roku Community – https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Disney-Plus-Buffering-Timeout/td-p/631706
- Fire TV stick isn’t loading Disney Plus – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/eoampd/fire_tv_stick_isnt_loading_disney_plus/
- Disney Plus not working on New Firestick – Amazon Forums – https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zSwV1/disney-plus-not-working-on-new-firestick
- Solved: Smart Tv and Disney + – Samsung Forums – https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Smart-Tv-and-Disney/td-p/971859
- Disney Plus not working on PS4 or PS5 – Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/comments/lmra71/disney_plus_not_working_on_ps4_or_ps5/
For other issues, contact Disney+ support via https://help.disneyplus.com/ or by calling 888-905-7888.