To breed pandas in Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Find a Bamboo Jungle: Pandas have the highest chance of spawning in Bamboo Jungles, which are rare biome variants of the Jungle biome. Look for an area with a large amount of bamboo.
- Locate Pandas: Search the Bamboo Jungle for pandas. You will need at least two pandas to breed them.
- Prepare the Breeding Area: Build a secure animal farm for the pandas, ensuring they cannot escape. Additionally, there must be at least eight bamboo blocks within a five-block radius of both pandas for them to enter breeding mode.
- Feed the Pandas: Once the pandas are in the breeding area and the bamboo requirement is met, feed them bamboo. In Java Edition, pandas enter love mode when fed with bamboo. In Bedrock Edition, pandas will eat the bamboo, but the breeding process is not explicitly mentioned.
- Wait for the Baby Panda: After feeding the pandas, a baby panda will spawn within a few seconds. The baby panda will have a random appearance and behavior, which can be one of the following types:
- Normal: Default panda appearance and behavior.
- Aggressive: Angry, bushy eyebrows. Will become indefinitely hostile if aggroed.
- Lazy: Wears a smile. Lies on its back most of the time.
- Playful: Tongue hangs out of its mouth. Loves to roll.
- Weak: Teary-eyed and a mucus-dripping nostril. Has less HP than regular pandas.