To connect ChatGPT to the internet, you can use the ChatGPT web browsing plugin. Here are the steps to set it up:
- Upgrade to ChatGPT Plus by clicking the “Upgrade to Plus” button and entering your payment information.
- Start a new chat in ChatGPT and select the GPT-4 model.
- Click the browsing beta option that appears when you hover over the GPT-4 button.
- Write your prompt and include a question or query that requires recent information or data.
- Click the drop-down arrow under the GPT-4 button and select the “Web Browsing” option.
- ChatGPT will retrieve content from the web using the Bing search API and show any websites it visited in crafting an answer, citing its sources.
Note that the web browsing feature is best when you have a question or query that requires recent information or data.