To enable and use Google Bard extensions, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Bard: Open Bard in your browser and sign in with your Google Account or Google Workspace account.
- Open the Extensions page: Click on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top left of the Bard interface. Then, click on “Extensions” in the menu that appears.
- Turn on the desired extensions: On the Extensions page, you’ll see a list of available extensions. Most extensions are turned on by default. If you want to enable additional extensions, such as Flights, Hotels, Maps, Workspace, or YouTube, click on the toggle switch next to each extension to turn it on.
- Specify a service or app for Bard to use (optional): When using Bard, you can specify a service or app for Bard to use by entering “@” followed by the extension name. If the extension you select is off, it will either be turned on automatically, or Bard will ask for your permission to turn it on.
- Use Bard with enabled extensions: With the extensions enabled, you can now use Bard to access information from various Google apps and services. For example, you can ask Bard to find hotels for a 4-day trip to San Francisco for New Year’s Eve, and it will use the Flights and Hotels extension to provide relevant information.
- Turn off extensions (optional): If you want to turn off any of the enabled extensions, you can do so by going to the Extensions page and clicking on the toggle switch next to the extension you want to disable.