To make a lectern in Minecraft, you need to gather the required materials and use the crafting table. The materials required are one bookshelf and four wooden slabs. You can use any type of wooden slab, such as oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, or dark oak. Once you have the materials, follow these steps:
- Open the crafting table to access the 3×3 crafting grid.
- Place the four wooden slabs in the first row of the grid.
- Place the bookshelf in the center of the second row.
- Place one wooden slab directly underneath the bookshelf.
- The lectern will appear in the result box.
- Click on the lectern and drag it into your inventory.
To use the lectern, you can place a written book on it by right-clicking on the lectern while holding the book. This will display the book on the lectern, allowing other players to read it. You can also interact with the lectern by right-clicking on it without holding a book to open the book interface. This interface allows you to select a book to read or edit, or to take a book from the lectern. Lecterns are also used as job blocks for villagers to become librarians, and they can be used as furniture pieces or podiums.