Roku devices are a great way to stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and music. But sometimes, they can run into problems. If your Roku device is not working properly, you may need to reset it.
There are two ways to reset a Roku device:
- Factory reset
A factory reset will erase all of your settings and data on your Roku device. This means that you will need to re-install all of your apps and channels, and you will need to sign in to all of your accounts again.
A restart will not erase your settings or data. It will simply power down and then back up your Roku device.
How to Factory Reset a Roku Device
To factory reset a Roku device, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory reset.
- If you are prompted, enter your PIN.
- Select Reset.
Your Roku device will now be reset.
How to Restart a Roku Device
To restart a Roku device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button on your Roku device for about 10 seconds.
- Your Roku device will power down.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Press the Power button again to turn your Roku device back on.
Your Roku device will now be restarted.
When to Reset a Roku Device
You may need to reset your Roku device if you are experiencing any of the following problems:
- Your Roku device is not turning on.
- Your Roku device is frozen or unresponsive.
- You are having problems streaming content.
- You have forgotten your PIN.
- You have changed your Wi-Fi network and your Roku device is not connecting to it.
What to Do After Resetting Your Roku Device
After you have reset your Roku device, you will need to re-install all of your apps and channels, and you will need to sign in to all of your accounts again.
You can find a list of all of the apps and channels that are available for Roku devices on the Roku website.
You can find a list of all of the accounts that you need to sign in to on the Roku website.
If you are still having problems with your Roku device after you have reset it, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a power outlet and that the power cord is properly plugged in.
- Make sure that your Roku device is connected to a Wi-Fi network that is working properly.
- Try restarting your router or modem.
- Try unplugging your Roku device for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.
- If you are still having problems, you can contact Roku support for help.
Resetting a Roku device can be a helpful way to fix problems. However, it is important to remember that a factory reset will erase all of your settings and data. If you are not sure whether you need to reset your Roku device, you can try restarting it first. If restarting does not fix the problem, then you can try resetting your Roku device.