To turn on subtitles on Paramount Plus on any device, follow the steps below based on the device you are using:
Android or iPhone
- Launch the Paramount+ app.
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap Closed Captions.
- From there, you can turn subtitles on or off.
Web Browser (Computer or Mobile)
- Access Paramount Plus through a web browser.
- Start playing a video.
- Click or tap the screen to reveal the video player controls.
- Click or tap the speech bubble icon (Subtitles + Audio) in the top-right corner of the video player.
- Under the ‘Subtitles’ column, pick one of the available languages.
- You can also go to ‘Subtitle Settings’ to make changes to the font size, color, and other caption design elements.
- Open the Paramount Plus app on your Smart TV.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Click the Closed Captions option.
- Now, you can turn the subtitles on or off.
- Open the Paramount Plus app on your Roku TV or streaming player.
- Log in to your account.
- Play any movie or show that you want to watch.
- Press the * button on your Roku remote to access the Options menu.
- Select Closed Captions and turn them on or off.
Please note that some Paramount+ subscribers have reported temporary glitches with subtitles on certain devices or needing to manually enable them for each piece of content. These issues can usually be fixed by updating your app.