To use an enchanting table in Minecraft, follow these steps:
- Craft an enchanting table: To craft an enchanting table, you need one book, two diamonds, and four obsidian blocks. Place these items in a 3×3 crafting grid in the following arrangement:
Book Diamond Obsidian Diamond Obsidian Obsidian Obsidian
- Place the enchanting table: Find a suitable location for your enchanting table and place it down.
- Surround the table with bookshelves: To increase the maximum enchantment level, surround the enchanting table with bookshelves, leaving a one-block gap between the table and the bookshelves. You’ll need 15 bookshelves to reach the maximum enchantment level of 30.
- Open the enchanting table: Right-click on the enchanting table (Java Edition), tap on it (Pocket Edition), press the LT button (Xbox), or press the L2 button (PlayStation) .
- Place the item to be enchanted: Put the item you want to enchant in the first slot of the enchanting table interface.
- Add Lapis Lazuli: Place 1-3 Lapis Lazuli in the second slot to unlock the enchantment options.
- Choose an enchantment: You will see three enchantment options with different levels and costs. Select the enchantment you want by clicking on it. The item will be enchanted, and the experience and Lapis Lazuli will be consumed.
Keep in mind that enchantments are somewhat random, and you won’t always get the exact enchantment you want. However, you can increase your chances of getting better enchantments by surrounding your enchanting table with more bookshelves and having a higher experience level.
For a comprehensive list of enchantments and their effects, you can refer to this Minecraft List of Enchantments.