In Minecraft, villagers have various jobs that provide different benefits to players, such as trading items and resources. There are currently 15 villager jobs, including the unemployed and nitwit villagers. Here’s a list of the Minecraft villager jobs and their associated job site blocks:
- Armorer: Blast Furnace – Trades armor and related items.
- Butcher: Smoker – Trades various meats and food items.
- Cartographer: Cartography Table – Trades maps and related items.
- Cleric: Brewing Stand – Trades potions, enchantments, and other magical items.
- Farmer: Composter – Trades crops, food, and farming items.
- Fisherman: Barrel – Trades fish, fishing rods, and other fishing-related items.
- Fletcher: Fletching Table – Trades bows, arrows, and other archery items.
- Leatherworker: Cauldron – Trades leather armor and related items.
- Librarian: Lectern – Trades books, enchanted books, and other literary items.
- Mason: Stonecutter – Trades stone, bricks, and other building materials.
- Shepherd: Loom – Trades wool, banners, and other textile items.
- Toolsmith: Smithing Table – Trades tools and tool-related items.
- Weaponsmith: Grindstone – Trades weapons and weapon-related items.
- Unemployed: No job site block – Can be assigned a job by placing a job site block near them.
- Nitwit: No job site block – Cannot be assigned a job and has no trades.
To assign a job to an unemployed villager, place the corresponding job site block near them, and they will change their profession and appearance accordingly. If you break a used job site block, the villager will become jobless but will keep their profession if they have been traded with before.