It seems that you are experiencing a common issue with the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, where the device is not detecting the SIM card or showing “No network” or “No service” notifications. There are several potential solutions to this problem:
- Restart your phone: Press and hold the Power button and tap on Restart. This can resolve minor issues.
- Check SIM Card/SIM Tray: Ensure that the SIM card is clean and free of dust or debris. Also, check for any signs of damage.
- Install Software Update: Connect to Wi-Fi and install the latest available software update on your Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro. Google may have already rolled out a fix for the SIM issue in an OTA update.
- Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > System > Reset options, and reset the network settings.
- Toggle Airplane Mode: Turn Airplane Mode on and off to refresh the network connection.
- Disable Adaptive Connectivity: Some users have reported that disabling Adaptive Connectivity can help with network issues.
- Switch SIM Slots: If your device has dual SIM slots, try switching the SIM card to the other slot.
- Disable 5G: If your device supports 5G, try disabling it to see if it resolves the issue.
- Check for Carrier Compatibility: Ensure that your carrier is compatible with the Google Pixel 7 or 7 Pro.
If none of these solutions work, it is recommended to contact your carrier or Google for further assistance. Google has acknowledged the connectivity issue on the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro and mentioned that an update is coming.