If your Pixel 8 is not recognizing your SIM card, there are several things you can try to fix the issue. Here are some possible solutions:
- Restart your Pixel 8: Press and hold the Power button and tap on Restart. This can sometimes fix the issue.
- Check your SIM card and tray: Ensure that the SIM card is clean and free of dust or debris. You can also try reinserting the SIM card.
- Reset your network settings: Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. This can sometimes fix the issue.
- Check for dirt on the SIM card: Check if there is any dirt on the SIM card and clean it if necessary.
- Check the SIM card status: Go to Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Advanced > SIM status. If the SIM card status is “unknown” or “not available,” try reinserting the SIM card or contacting your carrier.
- Update your Pixel 8: Make sure that your Pixel 8 is running the latest software update. Go to Settings > System > System update.
- Contact your carrier: If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact your carrier or Google support for further assistance.
Overall, it is important to keep your Pixel 8 updated and clean to avoid any issues with the SIM card recognition.