The world of online video has changed drastically over the past few years. If you wanted to watch a movie or television show, you had to turn on your computer and wait for it to load.
Then came streaming sites like Hulu and Netflix—you could watch videos immediately! But now, there’s an even better way: OTT (over-the-top) applications that can be accessed on smartphones, tablets, computers, and TVs.
Fraud detection is a crucial functionality you can add to your app to protect it from malicious users. Here are some of how fraud detection works:
- Fraud detection can identify fraudulent activities, such as when a user tries to download the same movie more than once. This allows you to block a particular user from accessing your app and prevents them from accessing your other apps.
- Fraud detection compares data points on each transaction with previous transactions performed by the same user on different devices. For example, if one device uses an IP address associated with fraud but another device doesn’t use that same address. There’s likely been fraud attempted along their journey through your system.
Adding this feature will allow you access to many useful features—but first things first! We must test everything before implementing it into our production environment, so we don’t end up causing any undue harm while trying out new things in development mode only!
Playback Position Synchronization
Playback position synchronization is a feature that allows you to synchronize the playback position between multiple devices. This can be used, for example, to synchronize the data of your users when they’re watching content on different screens and devices. For example, this could be used for users streaming content from their mobile app on television or vice versa.
Weather Data Integration
Most people are interested in the weather. This can be used in an OTT app to create a unique experience that your users will love.
- Check the Weather Data Integration feature to integrate real-time weather data from services like Tomorrow (https://www.tomorrow.io/weather-api/) into your OTT app. The integration is easy and done by simply entering their API keys for the service you want to use.
- Suppose you don’t want to use an external service or have your internal one. In that case, you can also look at our custom weather integration option, which allows you to pull information from our databases directly into your app.
Real-Time Web and Mobile Streaming
This feature is not available for all OTT apps, but if you can offer it, you’ll make your app more attractive to users. Real-time web and mobile streaming allow your users to stream content from the cloud. It’s important to note that this isn’t just a video streaming feature: it can also enable audio playback and other types of real-time content delivery.
The popularity of this feature has increased in recent years because it allows users to access content wherever they are, whenever they want—no matter where they may be located geographically or whether there is an internet connection available.
Download for Offline Viewing
Download for offline viewing is one of the most popular features in OTT apps. It is a great way to watch your favorite shows while traveling on a plane. You can download video content from the app and watch it offline anytime. This feature can be free, or it can be paid for.
In addition, you may have the option of downloading some of your favorite content for free and other content that costs money to download forever or temporarily.
For example, if you pay $5 per month on a subscription service, you might get unlimited downloads with that plan but only limited downloads if you are not subscribed. Similarly, some services allow users to download videos once, while others let users do so as often as they want within certain limits.
Picture-In-Picture (PiP) Mode
Picture-in-picture (PiP) mode is an extension of the traditional full-screen mode, where you can run two applications side by side on your device. In this mode, one application will be in a smaller window while the other takes up most of the screen. This feature allows users to watch their favorite show while browsing through another app or chatting with friends simultaneously.
There are many benefits of using PiP mode in OTT apps like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix as it enhances user experience:
- It allows users to multitask efficiently without changing screens too frequently
- It makes it easier for viewers to switch between episodes or sections within an attack without losing their place
- It helps viewers keep track of what they have watched and what they are still watching
Video Water Marking
Watermarking is the technique to embed hidden information into a video, generally through an image or text overlay. It’s used for many different purposes, including identifying the source of a video and tracking its distribution and use.
Some standard watermarks include registration marks identifying where and when a video was recorded; metadata about who created it; or even brand logos. The purpose of adding these extra bits of info isn’t just cosmetic—they can also provide important information about how your content is being used.
Since its launch in 2014, OTT has become an integral part of the digital media landscape. Streaming content over the internet has given users new ways to consume what they want, when they want it and wherever they may be located.
However, this also means that OTT providers have had to adapt their services to cater to more devices than ever- including smartphones, tablets, and traditional television sets.
This article has outlined some additions to increasing OTT apps’ functionality, allowing them to continue being relevant in today’s fast-paced world where users demand more from their products than ever before.