To activate Twitch TV, you first have to open the Twitch App on your device. Then, sign in using your email and password. There should be a Twitch activation code on the screen now. Using a web browser, go to twitch.tv/activate. Type in the code you see on the Twitch App. Finally, select activate to link your Twitch account to your device.
The above steps usually work for any device. But, if you need specific device information. Read on to learn how to use the twitch tv activate code on different devices.
How To Activate Twitch TV On PlayStation
Activating Twitch On PS5 or PS4 is similar to the above steps, you can even scan the Twitch QR code using your mobile device to get started. Here are the steps you need to follow for the https://www.twitch.tv/activate ps4 code:
- Download and Install the Twitch TV App from the PlayStation Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your Twitch account.
- Use your mobile device’s camera to scan the PS4 QR Code (same for PS5).
- Click the link to go to twitch.tv/activate using a browser.
- Enter the code that appears on the Twitch app on your PlayStation.
- Click Activate to start watching or broadcasting content.
How To Activate Twitch TV On Xbox
To activate Twitch TV on Xbox consoles, follow the instructions below:
- Download and Install the Twitch app from the Microsoft Store.
- Open the app and sign in to your Twitch account.
- Go to https://www.twitch.tv/activate using a browser.
- Type in the 6-digit code you saw on the Twitch app on your Xbox.
- Click Activate to link your Twitch TV account to your Xbox console.
To Activate Twitch TV On Amazon Firestick
- Go to the Amazon Firestick app store, download “Twitch TV. “
- Open the Twitch app on your smart TV and sign in with your account (if prompted).
- Copy the six-digit Twitch TV activate code that appears on the screen.
- Using a web browser, go to “https://www.twitch.tv/activate”
- Log in using your Twitch TV account information.
- Enter the 6-digit activation code you had copied earlier from your smart TV.
- Done! Enjoy Twitch TV on your Amazon Firestick!
How To Activate Twitch On Nintendo Switch
If you want to sign in to your Twitch account, you fortunately won’t have to go through to many steps such as typing your password in using the Switch’s controls or the touchscreen. You can either scan a QR code on your phone or enter an eight-digit code shown on your Nintendo Switch’s screen at https://www.twitch.tv/activate.
What Is Twitch TV?
Twitch is where millions of people come together and go live every day to chat, interact, and make their entertainment together. It’s the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers. You can watch and chat with millions of other fans from around the world.
However, if you want to watch or stream Twitch TV on Smart TV, PlayStation, Xbox, or another device, you need to create a Twitch account and activate Twitch TV on your selected device using your account.
How To Create A Twitch Account?
To sign up for an account, go to https://www.twitch.tv and select the Sign up button on the top-right part of the page. This opens the Log In / Sign Up screen. To sign up for a new account on Twitch, complete out the Sign Up form.
How To Sign Up For Twitch Using The Twitch Smartphone App?
To sign up for an account on mobile, download the Twitch Mobile App for your device. Once downloaded and installed, launch the app on your device and tap the Sign Up button. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the sign up process. When signing up on mobile, you can create an account using our mobile number or your email address.
Is Twitch TV Free To Sign Up?
Yes, Twitch accounts made for watching or streaming are free. You can use one account to stream content or manage content. They do not need to be separate. But, if you would like to make a streaming bot, you would need to create a second free account.
Why Do I Need A Twitch Account?
You don’t need to sign up for a Twitch account to watch most streams. But you need an account if you intend to be a streamer or to like, comment, and subscribe to other channels. A free Twitch account lets you chat on most streams, follow channels, and stream for yourself.
How Much Does A Twitch Subscription Cost?
It costs a minimum of $4.99 per month to support your favorite channel or streamer, either on a recurring or one-time basis. You can cancel the subscription at any time.
How To Cancel Twitch Subscription?
If you want to cancel a subscription on Twitch, do the following:
- Using a web browser, go to the Twitch website, sign in, and click your profile picture in the top-right.
- Select “Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- This opens the “Your Subscriptions” menu. You can also click the “Your Subscriptions” tab at the top of the page.
- Click the cog icon on the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select “Cancel Paid Subscription” or “Don’t Renew Subscription.”
- If you recently subscribed to that channel, you may also be able to select “Cancel and Refund.”
On the Twitch app for Android, you can cancel a subscription by going to the subscribed channel and tapping “Cancel Subscription.” Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel a Twitch subscription on an iPhone at the time of writing.
The Bottom Line
It is easy to create a Twitch account, activate Twitch TV, subscribe, and cancel subscriptions. Twitch accounts are free. A free account allows you to like, comment, and interact with your favorite streamers. Your free account also allows you to be a streamer too! You can also support your favorite streamers by paying for a subscription which you can cancel anytime. It usually costs as little as $4.99 to subscribe to a Twitch channel. Thanks for reading on My Tech How To!
- About Twitch TV
- Twitch 101
- Terms of Service – Read Twitch Terms of Service
- Xbox Broadcasting and Troubleshooting – Twitch Help
- Stream Using Your Xbox or Playstation – Twitch
- Watching Twitch on LG TV
- No Activation code displays (Android TV): Twitch – Reddit
- Xbox Broadcasting and Troubleshooting – Twitch – https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/xbox-broadcasting-and-troubleshooting?language=en_US
- How to get and use the PS3 App – Twitch – https://twitchtv.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2417307-how-to-get-and-use-the-ps3-app
- Twitch is now on the Switch
Other Articles On My Tech How To:
- Visit peacocktv.com/tv to learn how to activate Peacock.
- Go to disneyplus.com/begin to learn how to stream Disney Plus on different devices.
- And, if you’re into Anime like most of us, check out www.crunchyroll/activate to start streaming Crunchyroll.
Table of Contents
- How To Activate Twitch TV On PlayStation
- How To Activate Twitch TV On Xbox
- To Activate Twitch TV On Amazon Firestick
- How To Activate Twitch On Nintendo Switch
- What Is Twitch TV?
- How To Create A Twitch Account?
- How To Sign Up For Twitch Using The Twitch Smartphone App?
- Is Twitch TV Free To Sign Up?
- Why Do I Need A Twitch Account?
- How Much Does A Twitch Subscription Cost?
- How To Cancel Twitch Subscription?
- The Bottom Line