If you want to get a refund for Disney+, here are some things to keep in mind based on the search results:
- Disney Plus doesn’t typically offer refunds or credits if you’ve paid for a Disney Plus subscription and you cancel your service during a billing cycle. However, you still get access to your Disney Plus account and can stream available content until the end of the billing cycle.
- There’s no way to request a Disney+ refund through your account. Instead, you need to speak directly with a customer service representative.
- If you’re subscribed directly through Disney+, and you’ve been approved for a refund through Disney+ Support, the relevant amount will usually be returned.
- If you cancel your subscription early, you have a statutory right to withdraw within 7 days of the start of your subscription. Please expect to receive the refunded amount 27-30 days from confirming your cancellation request.
- If you subscribed to Disney+ through Apple, you can request a refund by going to reportaproblem.apple.com and signing in with your Apple ID and password.
In summary, it seems that getting a refund for Disney+ is not guaranteed, and it may depend on how you subscribed and whether you cancel within a certain timeframe. If you want to cancel your subscription, it’s best to do so before the start of a new billing cycle to avoid being charged again.