To program your DIRECTV remote to different TVs, follow these steps:
- Turn on the TV you want to control with the remote.
- Press the MENU button on your DIRECTV remote.
- Select “Settings” > “Remote Control” > “Program Remote.”
- Choose the device (TV) you wish to program.
If your TV brand is not listed, you will need to find the appropriate remote code for your TV. You can find a list of DIRECTV remote codes for various TV brands. Once you have the code, follow these steps:
- On your DIRECTV remote, press and hold the SELECT and MUTE buttons until the GREEN LED flashes twice.
- Enter the 5-digit remote code for your TV. The GREEN LED will flash for each number that is pressed.
- After entering the code, the GREEN LED will flash twice if the code was successful.
If the remote does not control your TV after entering the code, try using a different code for your TV brand and repeat the process. It may take several attempts, as remote codes vary per TV model.
For DIRECTV Genie remotes, the process is slightly different:
- Point the remote at your device (HD DVR, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini).
- Press and hold the MUTE and ENTER buttons. When the green light at the top of the remote flashes twice, you can stop.
Once your remote is programmed, you can control your TV’s power, volume, and input source using the DIRECTV remote.
Keep in mind that the programming process may vary slightly depending on the model of your DIRECTV remote. If you encounter any issues, refer to the user manual or online support resources provided by DIRECTV. Do you have to return directv remotes when returning DIRECTV equipment? Yes. You do! Along with other equipment as well.