I recently looked the eufy Security SoloCam S220, a wireless outdoor security camera that offers continuous power and 2K resolution. The camera is compatible with the HomeBase 3 and does not require a monthly fee .
The installation process was straightforward and took me less than 30 minutes to complete. The camera comes with a magnetic mount that can be easily attached to any metal surface. The camera’s design is sleek and modern, which blends well with my home’s exterior.
The camera’s video quality is impressive, and I can easily distinguish faces and objects in the footage. The continuous power supply ensures that I don’t have to worry about recharging the battery frequently.
However, I did experience some issues with motion detection. The camera failed to detect movement on a few occasions, which was concerning. I also noticed that the camera’s night vision mode was not as effective as I expected it to be.
- High resolution: The eufy Indoor Cam 2K boasts a 2K resolution, which is higher than the standard 1080p resolution for security cameras.
- Secure storage: The camera offers both cloud and local storage options, with the latter being more secure against hacking attempts.
- Compatibility: The eufy Indoor Cam 2K works with other eufy security devices in the same mobile app.
- Easy installation: The installation process is straightforward, and the mobile app works smoothly.
- Solar Charging: Keeps the battery full, so you don't have to. 3 hours of sunlight daily keeps it running.
- Day and Night Clarity: Infrared LEDs and an f/1.6 aperture allow more to be seen for excellent night vision.
- Easy Installation: Put it anywhere thanks to its tiny size and wire-free design. Drill one hole, once.
- Human Detection: AI alerts you of anyone in your yard, whether family, a courier, or a stranger. Connect to HomeBase 3 for individual facial recognition.
- No Monthly Fee: One-time purchase. No monthly fees or hidden costs. On-device storage and AI for complete security and transparency.
- Reduced resolution: The camera’s resolution is reduced if used with the battery instead of the power cord.
- Separate app: The eufy Security app is different from the EufyHome app that controls other eufy smart home devices.
- Customer support: Eufy’s online customer support is lacking.
Overall, the eufy Indoor Cam 2K is a good option for those looking for a high-resolution security camera with secure storage options and easy installation. However, users should be aware of the reduced resolution when using the battery and the need to use a separate app for eufy security devices.
In conclusion, I would recommend the eufy Security SoloCam S220 for its impressive video quality and easy installation process. However, if you’re looking for a camera with reliable motion detection and night vision capabilities, you may want to consider other options.