If your Pixel 8 is not turning on, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
- Hold down the power button: Hold down your phone’s power button for about 5-7 seconds. If this doesn’t work, try holding it down for 30 seconds.
- Check charger, cable, and outlet: Use the charger and cable recommended for your phone. Check that your charger and cable work by trying them with another device. Plug the charger into a wall outlet to check if it works. If you see a battery icon, your phone is powered off and is charging. You can restart right away. If the battery is completely drained, the phone may not turn on. Try plugging the phone into a power source using the charging cable and wait for at least 5 minutes before powering it on.
- Try wireless charging: Try charging your Pixel on a wireless charger. If it does charge, then the cable is likely at fault. Make sure to remove your case, if you have one. Wireless charging is slow and thermally inefficient, so give it time if your phone is low on battery.
- Check for software bugs: A recently installed app may be causing issues with the phone booting. Boot into Safe Mode to uninstall the app or game causing the issue. Once you’re done, exit Safe Mode by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Some Pixel phones require you to tap Restart.
- Contact manufacturer or service provider: If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact your phone manufacturer or service provider for further assistance.
It’s important to note that if your phone is still under warranty, you may be able to get a replacement if the issue is not resolved.