If your Pixel 8 is not charging, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Here are some quick fixes:
- Hold down the power button: Hold down your phone’s power button for about 30 seconds. It’s the top button on the right side. You may also need to tap Restart on the screen. Your phone will reboot as long as it has enough battery left.
- Check charger, cable, and outlet: Use the charger and cable recommended for your phone. Check that your charger and cable work by trying them with another device. Check that the cable is securely connected to the charger and to your phone. Plug the charger into a wall outlet to check if it works. If you see a battery icon, your phone is powered off and is charging. You can restart right away. To check if your phone is charging, open your phone’s Settings app then tap Battery. Charge your phone for at least 30 minutes before you restart it.
- Try wireless charging: Try charging your Pixel on a wireless charger. If it does charge, then the cable is likely at fault. Make sure to remove your case, if you have one. Wireless charging is slow and thermally inefficient, so give it time if your phone is low on battery.
- Check for software bugs: Use the original cable that shipped with your Pixel, if it offered one. Perform these preliminary steps to rule out common software bugs.
- Contact manufacturer or service provider: If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact your phone manufacturer or service provider for further assistance.
It’s important to note that if your phone is still under warranty, you may be able to get a replacement if the issue is not resolved.