To enable dark mode on the Amazon app and website, you can use the following methods for different devices:
Amazon doesn’t have a built-in dark mode, but you can force enable it through the Developer options on Android devices. Follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device and choose the About Phone option.
- Tap the Build number 7 times to enable the Developer options.
- Return to the Settings page and open System Settings.
- Open the Developer options setting.
- Scroll down to find the “Override force-dark” option and enable it.
Now, the Amazon app should display in dark mode. If you want to disable it, just turn off the “Override force-dark” option.
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to enable dark mode on the Amazon app for iOS devices. However, you can turn on dark mode on Amazon on iPhone and iPad while using the Safari Browser:
iPhone, Ipad (Safari Browser)
To activate Lights Off on the Amazon website in Safari, do the following:
- Open Safari and visit the Amazon website.
- Tap on the Three Dots icon.
- Select Lights Off.
To disable dark mode, follow these steps:
- Once again, tap on the Three Dots icon while on the Amazon website in Safari.
- Choose Lights Off to turn off the dark mode.
Desktop (Chrome Browser)
To enable dark mode on the Amazon website using the Chrome browser, you can use the Dark Reader extension:
- Open the Chrome browser and install the Dark Reader extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Once installed, click on the Dark Reader extension icon and turn it on.
- On the filter, select ‘Dark’.
- Visit the Amazon website, and it should now appear in dark mode.
Desktop (Firefox Browser)
For Firefox users, you can use the Dark Theme for Amazon extension:
- Install the Dark Theme for Amazon extension from the Firefox Add-ons website.
- The extension will automatically apply a dark theme to the Amazon website.
Please note that these methods are workarounds since Amazon doesn’t officially support dark mode.