To stream Netflix on Discord, follow these steps:
- Launch the Discord desktop app or access Discord in your web browser and log in to your account.
- Enter a voice channel on a server.
- Open a new tab and visit the Netflix homepage to sign in to your account.
- Click the “Screen” button to begin sharing your screen.
To avoid black screen issues while streaming Netflix on Discord, you can disable hardware acceleration in your browser. For Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome, click on the three dots menu at the top right, and click “Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section and click on it.
- Under the “System” section, toggle off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option.
- Restart Chrome for the changes to take effect.
More tips on how to stream Netflix on Discord without encountering a black screen, follow these steps:
- Use the Discord desktop app: Streaming Netflix on Discord works best with the Discord desktop app. If you’re using the web version, download the app from Discord’s official website and sign in using your credentials.
- Disable hardware acceleration: One common cause of the black screen issue is hardware acceleration being enabled in your browser. To disable it, go to your browser settings, find the hardware acceleration option, and turn it off.
- Share the correct window: When you’re ready to stream, click the “Go Live” button in the bottom-left corner of the Discord app. In the “Go Live” window, select the Netflix window you want to share, and click “Go Live”.
- Keep the browser window active: Make sure the browser window with Netflix is active and in focus while streaming.
- Clear Discord cache: If the black screen issue persists, try clearing the Discord cache. Exit the Discord application, open the Run command box, and follow the steps to delete the cache.
- Update graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can also cause the black screen issue. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.
- Use third-party apps: If you’re still experiencing issues, consider using third-party apps like OBS or Xsplit to stream Netflix on Discord.
Please note that streaming Netflix on Discord’s mobile apps (iOS and Android) is not possible due to DRM limitations. However, you can still use Discord on your mobile device for voice and video calls.Keep in mind that if you want to stream content in 1080p or 60 FPS, you’ll need a Discord Nitro subscription, which costs $9.99/month. When you’re ready to stop streaming, click the “X” icon in the floating window’s bottom-right corner.
By following these steps, you should be able to stream Netflix on Discord without encountering a black screen. Enjoy watching movies and shows with your friends or community members on Discord!